Friday 10 June 2011

Singing differently now I am 40

Well 40 something :)....I started singing earnestly when I was 15 because I fell madly in love with a man in an Army band and he said he would teach me to play guitar.... I bought my own guitar and discovered that the world of music was a deeply screwed up place but I wrote song after song after song of broken hearts and maudlin stories that I was far too young to have a clue about but we all know that the world is a terribly confusing place in our teens and tho he broke my heart by leaving without saying goodbye I have played and sung ever since..... my clothes have changed, my life has changed but my deep abiding love of singing has improved with age.. I may not have a five octave range anymore but I know how to sing with all my heart and soul.... I wonder if I will ever revisit this blog ever again.... Probably.. I have been inspired by the movie Julie and Julia which I have just watched for the second time and loved it even more... I may not want to cook in Paris but I do want to sing in Italy... Bonn Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment